DAY ONE – MONDAY 10TH APRIL
A “Human Hack Day” bringing together human minds to society’s challenges
The first day of the conference will be a workshop bringing together people from the business, government and community sectors with researchers from a range of disciplines.
Themes we will explore include:
- Democracy & politics
- Privacy & individual liberty
- New economics
- Technology leadership & ethics
We need brave conversations around:
- In a “post-truth” world how can we slow the spread of fake news?
- What are the dangers of life inside our social bubbles and continuous positive reinforcement?
- In new economics, what will the impact of changing structures, networks and innovation be?
- Open Source or protecting IP? How can you change business models without giving away shareholder value?
- How to add value in the age of ubiquitous connectivity and total knowledge?
- Managing your reputation in an increasingly transparent world
- Everyone benefits? If the web is the ultimate force for globalisation how do we ensure everybody benefits?
- “Should humanity become God” – who or what do we want to become as a species?
- The rise of the hyper-corporation and the ramifications for the world.
Join us on Twitter #braveconversations and add to the list.